Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » [WIP] - Fable SDK  () 1 Vote
Re: [WIP] - Fable SDK [message #66984 is a reply to message #66480] Mon, 16 July 2012 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
EternalNoob
Thanks, IDontKnow. Smile

The list you provided is good, and I would love that bigger list you mentioned. (Basically, I really need a list of all the useful defs, or as much as the community can provide.)

--

As for morerunes..

I may have been a bit harsh, however, he's not entirely without fault.

I requested specific information, not instructions for finding the information. (ie, I don't remember saying 'or best offer' anywhere in my request.)

Furthermore, he did THE MOST counterproductive thing imaginable, he gave everyone an escape route, ie, we don't need to help EternalNoob, he can just do what morerunes said.

Intentional or not, he made it seem as if I didn't need help at all, as if I could do it myself. (Most ppl reading this thread, would see my request, see his response, and think, oh, it's okay, morerunes straightened him out... He can just use FE...)

Well, I can't use FE, FE won't run at the same time as the game, and I can't hack a game that isn't running...

The obvious answer: Turn off the game to use FE.

Wrong!

Not that simple, I spend hours stepping through cpu instructions one at a time to find stuff, and there is no 'resume', if I lose my place, I have to start over. (Thus, wasting hours, worse, I risk not being able to find it again, it happens, it's a huge\complex game.)

To be truthful, you can resume, however, due to the nature of hacking, and how classes\functions work, it generally takes longer that way, a LOT longer.

Imagine this function

Add(int a, int b)
{
return a + b;
}

If the game uses tons of math, how long do you think it would take to find a specific case: ie, 40 + 50

You could spend days single stepping through 'Add' waiting for the correct numbers to pass through, but, it's easier\quicker in most cases to start over, and find it however you originally did. (And, what if there were several '40 + 50's that passed through, which one is the right one, etc,. ?? Just trust me, its no good.)

--

I can appreciate that he likely meant well.

But, if I'm asking for something, then that's what I want, I know my stuff, I do my research, and you're likely telling me things that I already know if you deviate from my request. (ie, wasting my time, and insulting my intelligence.)

Could he have known that, no, but, if someone ask you for directions to McDonalds, it should be common sense that they don't want your personal recipe for burgers, or directions to Burger King, or anything other than what they asked for. (There are exceptions to this rule, mostly involving stupid ppl, and stupid questions...)

This may not seem like a big deal, but, after spending years online, I've had tons of my time wasted in this manner, and I'm a bit touchy about it.

As for the second point, it's self explanatory, he trivialized my request and might have cost me help that I needed.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 July 2012 07:15]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message