Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Landscape Mesh Exporting
Re: Landscape Mesh Exporting [message #69635 is a reply to message #69489] Wed, 23 October 2013 07:30 Go to previous message
CultOfByron is currently offline  CultOfByron
The heightmap/field or terrain mesh information is located in the .lev files for each region, as well as the .stb. This information is gleaned from posts that other people have made and from the wiki on this site. Apologies, seems I was ahead of myself in my assumptions there.

So it must be possible to extract this in some form; either as a heightmap image or a mesh from which a heightmap image could be created. It could also be imported into a landscape generation program - which is my intention. I read in the Chocolate Box thread that Baystone can extract landscape meshes? (As evidenced by the Chocolate Box region editor.) http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th=579 5&goto=69129#msg_69129

Since Chocolate Box and Albion Explorer can "see" the landscape mesh/heightmap information, then I imagine it's feasible to find a way to export this information in some usable format. If perhaps Baystone isn't interested in this thread, would it be possible to add an option to export meshes/heightmaps? How involved would this be?

[Updated on: Mon, 16 December 2013 05:48]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: The Hero's Cave
Next Topic: Is there a way to change voice of spawn NPC?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:23:18 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00929 seconds